Sunday, December 01, 2013

December 1st!

So, as I mentioned on Facebook, our family is mega-celebrating Christmas this year by doing the 24 Days to Christmas countdown.  This involves one family Christmas activity, one Christmas craft and a different Christmas story a night.

Day 1 Activity:

Christmas Decorating: And if you think decorating with two small kids is relaxing, think again.





 Christmas Craft: Mistletoes! I prepped the canvass last night and then painted their cute little feet with green and stamped them on.  Lastly, I stencilled in some lettering and pasted some snowflakes.  Tomorrow, I'll finish it off with Modge Podge, but I think it came out nice!

 Christmas Book: Dear Father Christmas: Get Well Soon by Alan Durant.  It's a book about an elf who asks a little girl for help in cheering up a very sick Father Christmas so he can fly in time to give out presents.  This book is sweet and so cool because the elf's letters come in envelopes with little surprises in each one.  And the last page is an epic pop-up.  Awesome book!
 Can't wait to fill you in on tomorrow!

1 comment:

Big Mac mama said...

Such a cute family! I can't wait until Xander is old enough to do this with; until then I'll just enjoy following your holiday activities!