Thursday, December 12, 2013

December 12th!

 Okay, so today I was hoping to do more cleaning than I did, but I did get all our crafts and activities done, including finishing the ones from yesterday! So, as you may remember, the craft yesterday was to make a Christmas garland from construction paper balls but I couldn't find my hole punch, so today I did it and I think it looks pretty good.  Also, my ice globes are frozen so I peeled the balloons off them and set them up on the deck.  They worked out really well but I wish they were bigger!
 Our craft today was melted bead decorations-I wasn't sure at first if I was willing to sacrifice a baking sheet, but the plastic just pops right off! Landon helped me fill the three Christmas shaped cookie cutters and then we baked them at 400 F for thirty minutes.  The smell was pretty gross but they worked awesome.  They cooled quickly and are very durable! Landon loves them; I'm doing it again, for sure!  Our activity today was to make dog and cat treats for our crew for the holidays-if you want the recipe, let me know (however, I haven't tried them out yet as the dog went to bed before they were done).  And today we finished The Return of Light and learned about Christmas in Finland.

 Prepping the Christmas ball garland from yesterday-I found the snowflake stamper!

 The finished product-I like it!
 Filling our cookie cutters with beads.
Baking plastic-mmmmm, what a noxious smell!
 Our finished frozen snow globes-my hands were blue yet again!
My cutie-pies!
 Our decorations!
 Landon was SO excited! He said, 'They're beautiful Mommy, thank you!"
Cutting out our dog treats-yes, I have a dog bone shaped cookie cutter!
 
 Landon was a big help!
 Going into the oven.
  Mixing up our cat treats.
And they're baking.

No comments: