Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Holy Crap

So, life goes on as it always does, one thing leading to another; random events turning into something substantial...usually before we realize it. But I've been realizing a substantial event was coming for awhile.
At the beginning of September, when church started anew for the the fall, I sat alone in my pew...everyone that I knew still holding on to the last bit of summer and abandoning the service for a vacation. A kid I'd never seen before sat down at the far side of the pew. I smiled, he smiled; and that was that.
Then, during an intermission we happened to be at the same booth and he had mistaken me for someone I knew so I remedied that and introduced myself and we went along our merry little ways.
Through time, and Jerrah and my constant need to make the new youth feel welcome, we started an out-to-lunch get-together after church to which this guy from the pew (Dave) was always invited and we became friends due to our love of doing our hair and our constant sarcasm. We'd always sit together in the pew with everyone else, making an attempt not too annoy them too much with our bantering.
Then, on Thanksgiving Sunday, when no one else could make it for lunch, we decided to go by ourselves and we had fun. There was no conversation we couldn't touch, no awkward silence. We both ate way too much. And at the end of the meal when the waitress asked if we'd like one check or two, I said two and she went away.
Dave laughed, "I was actually thinking about asking you out, so I should have said together."
I smiled, "Well, I would have said 'yes', so next time, you can pay when we both know it's a date."
That Wednesday when I got home from work, I had a message on my machine from him asking me if I was free Saturday. I was not. But I phoned him and we decided that Tuesday we'd go out on an actual date.
On Sunday, we carried on our tradition of sitting in the pew, bantering, neither one of us letting on that we may be seeing eachother outside of church relations because, come one, no one really needs to know. That week at church was harvest festival, hence, a large thanksgiving dinner afterwards, which us and dear Amy attended. Amy left early and since I had some time to kill before work, we went for a walk.
Then, six o'clock pm came yesterday and he knocked on my door. Instantaneoulsy, I was a nervous wreck. We got along great as friends but a date? Were we insane?
We went out to the car and I was a good girl, I let him open the door for me (I have a habit of being a little bit too independent woman) and he noticed because he knows this about me and strangely enough finds it attractive. Keep in mind, I had no idea what we were doing for our date.
"I know I said I don't like dinner dates," he said, "But I was thinking to make it more interesting, we go to a different restaurant for each part of the meal."
I said that idea sounded great, so we went to a place called Mocha Cabana's for appetizers (a swanky little coffee house in the downtown). We ordered Bruchetta and sat and talked for a long time. Then, we decided if we wanted to hit everywhere else in time to eat, we'd better go. I decided on the next place; my fave place called 'Fire'. A classy club/restuarant. We had drinks (A Tom Collins and a White Russian). He had the 'Fire and Ice Wrap' and I had the 'Calamari Wrap'. Once again, we sat and talked for a long while before deciding to go for the final and most important stop...dessert.
Outside, as we were walking to the car, he stopped me and faced me.
"I feel so comfortable with you." he said and then kissed me. And it was good.
Then, we headed to a place called 'Yoyo's' for gilato but it was closed so I picked 'The Cheesecake Cafe' instead. He had the 'Swiss Almond Cheesecake' and I had the 'White Chocolate Raspberry'. We talked about all important things like breasts and my plugs and getting married (but not to eachother, don't worry).
Then, at ten thirty-ish, before they closed, we decided that neither of us wanted the date to end so we decided to drive around. The drive eventually took us to a little dirt pull-out outside of town where some making-out ensued which was a little unexpected and I teased him that he had planned on it and knew there was a dirt road out here. And then we cuddled in the dark of the car, soft music playing, watching the semis roll by until about twelve thirty. He drove me home, walked me to my door and kissed me goodnight and then I called my sister and blabbed all about it. Hoorah.

15 comments:

cassie trumbley said...

what's in a white russian?

cassie trumbley said...

also, i realize that sounded uncaring, but we talked about the date after you got home :) so i thought it's be okay :P

Jadis said...

I'm not sure, it has kahlua in it, that's all I know

cassie trumbley said...

thats kind of weird. hahaha that sounds more like a .... brown... russian. what? that's so unusual!! but it actually sounds kind of tasty. crazy food for tasty people!!! you remember that? from mad hatters?

Jadis said...

Hahaha! I remember! We even have a picture in front of it for proof...and amazingly, the white russian is actually white. Go figure.

Brynne said...

According to Webtender, the online bartender, a White Russian is basically a Black Russian with 2 oz. of light cream.

Crazy exciting for you!

cassie trumbley said...

hahaha, al, don't make fun of me for not knowing a white russian was white, after all, kalhua is brown..... thank you webtender. now it actually sounds kind of gross. but i'm confused. is it cream and vodka and coffee liquer? or is it just cream and vodka, cause then it would be white. but that would just be milky vodka. what a stupid craptastic beverage.

Brynne said...

Yup, cream, vodka and coffee liqueur. Somethink like, .75 oz of coffee liqueur, 1.25 oz of vodka, and 2 oz of cream...so it's like a paralyzer without the coke.

cassie trumbley said...

black russians with some coke are really good.

Jadis said...

OMG! Everyone stop talking about beverages already!

cassie trumbley said...

i like tea

cassie trumbley said...

water's good, too

cassie trumbley said...

hahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Brynne said...

Have to say, I'm a big fan of Red Bull.

Anonymous said...

Really the post was very thorough, so the only question really is what's in a White Russian. Sadly I can't remember.