Saturday, January 08, 2011

Ha, ha! A new post after two days! Not too bad at all! Well, the getting in shape thing is going okay! I worked out two days this week for forty minutes each-not as hard core as I'm used to, but my stitches have just recently healed...and I had a couple days of calorie confusion; I had myself adjusted to a 1300 calorie plan but was constantly hungry so when I looked up calories burned during breastfeeding, I wasn't too surprised that you can burn a whopping 500 calories a day! Which means, that knocks down calories injested to only 800, and if I work out and burn 200, that knocks me down to 600-not enough! No wonder I was soo hungry, and having trouble keeping to my set goal. I couldn't help 'overeating' because I had no calories left! Landon is taking them all away after I consume them. So, now I feel much better and not so bad when I don't work out because I can still get in shape; just slowly. I need to have some patience!
Also, I decided that I want to try and read a book a week this year (a huge goal, I know but I've already finished one and started another in 8 days) and have finished 'The Mistress of Nothing' by Kate Pullinger, which by the way, was excellent. It's a story loosely based on true events and I highly recommend it as a read, so I won't go into too much detail about it, so if someone decides to pick it up, they won't know what to expect. I'm now tying into 'Water For Elephants' by Sara Gruen and it's turning into a really good book. I like this new goal...firstly, I have time to read while nursing Landon because sometimes I sit with him for an hour or so (he's a very hungry little guy!) and secondly, I have a habit of collecting books and never having time to read them so now I can finally make my way through my fifteen or so unread titles.
I will keep you posted!
Also, I watched Moulin Rouge today-I forgot how much I love that movie!

1 comment:

jannafaye said...

i love you, and love that you're a mom! i have been feeling the call of my blog lately - i miss the hyper-blogging days too. lets see how this all goes.

i am excited for baby landon to get to know jesus through you!! and i am so happy this is important to you.

praying for you and thinking of you!