Friday, January 14, 2011

Well, I'm still working on my third book; it's called 'Olive Kittredge' and it's by Elizabeth Strout....it's good, but probably something I won't read again; also making it difficult to get through it as fast. Dave's also been off all week which makes it hard to read through because we're always involved with eachother in some way. But next week is his long work week, so I'm positive I'll get a lot of reading done! Also, having a baby is very time consuming! In a good way of course.
But, he is very well behaved-yesterday, we went to Yorkton and did a little shopping and he slept all the way there, all the way through our trips into stores and didn't wake up until we were half an hour from home! It makes being normal so easy.
The resolution thing is going slowly but surely-for once I'm not doing that Allison thing where I chide myself for not sticking with it to a T. I think for the first few weeks, it takes a bit to get into a rhythm. I've slipped from the healthy eating once or twice but at least I'm not overeating when I treat myself! And I worked out today with Dave before he left for work-I'm a little tired, but I get to sleep in tomorrow. It'll be a late night for sure because we are going to Bill and Crystals for supper and we always end up shooting the breeze until ten or eleven o'clock at night and then we have to come home and get Landon to sleep which always takes a few hours.
Also, Dave and I are working on a short story project and did some work on that the other night. It was nice; just the two of us on lap tops in the living room with our son propped up on pillows beside Dave.
Anyhoo, my plan for the day is to start planninig my garden, finish tidying the house and maybe get the next kitchen cupboard ready for painting-but only if Landon lets me! If not, we'll settle down with a movie.

No comments: