Wednesday, December 11, 2013

December 11th!

So you aren't getting the full whammy today because both our craft and activity need more time to be completed than the afternoon.  Our craft was to make a Christmas bulb garland; I cut out construction paper balls and Landon stickered them.  I was going to cut out a hole at the top with our snowflake hole punch, but I'm assuming Dave is using it for something because I don't know where it went.  Anyways, then I was going to string the balls onto a piece of wool and hang it, but it'll have to be tomorrow (hopefully).  Our Christmas activity was to make coloured ice balls for outside by filling a balloon with water and food colouring and putting them out to freeze.  When solid, you peel off the balloon, leaving a beautiful ice ball for decorating outside, but they are still freezing so we'll have to reveal them tomorrow.  And our books tonight were Chapter Seven and Eight of the Return of Light and Christmas in Poland and Czechoslovakia.
 Balloons outside freezing away....they're smaller than I'd hoped, but they wouldn't tie up any bigger-next time I'll have to use water balloons (by the way, my hands are still blue).
 Carver playing with his construction paper.
Landon meticulously stickering away!

More to come tomorrow!

No comments: