Saturday, December 17, 2011

Seven Days...

Well, yesterday didn't go as planned but it was still good and Christmas-y! Crystal phoned really early and asked if I wanted to go to Yorkton with her for some last minute Christmas shopping so of course I agreed! I didn't have time in the morning to make my 'Lemon Stars' but I did make my 'Brown Sugar Cookies' in the morning before I left! They smell pretty good.  And a-Christmas-shopping we went....I didn't need anything, but Cole tipped me off on a thirty dollar espresso machine for sale in Walmart and Dave has always wanted one (plus, he just used his door prize $200 dollars to buy me a very awesome bread machine) so I picked one up and gave it to him last night.  Part of me wanted to surprise him but part of me also wanted a cafe mocha before Christmas! This will give him time to figure out how to use it.  And, we didn't make it back for the Christmas Concert, but Cole and Eric treated us to supper at BP's which was pretty cool.  All in all, a wonderful kick-off day!  Today I have not much planned but I am making some Puppy Chow for the holidays...here's the recipe:

'Puppy Chow'
1 Box Crispix
1 cup Peanut Butter
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
Icing sugar

Melt peanut butter, butter and chocolate chips and pour over cereal in large mixing bowl.  Mix lightly but well.  Continually add icing sugar until well-coated and spread on cookie sheet to dry. 

1 comment:

jannafaye said...

i LOVE puppy chow! and i miss your cousins. so many great memories about both things. <3