Thursday, December 01, 2011

21 Days To Form A Habit

At least, that's what I've read.  And so, being December 1st, the epic journey begins.  Unfortunately today, I'm just going to be talking about kicking off my new weight-loss goals (I promise, it'll be quick) but the first step to fabulous is coming soon!  
So, hopefully, in twenty one days, I'll be strong enough to make it through the Christmas season! I realize you're all probably laughing at me now so I'll wait a moment for you to get it out....



Okay, so Christmas Day, will be a total freebie, I admit it right now.  But, my plan is to indulge over the holidays but only within my calorie range which I'm putting at around 1300/1500 (along with 40 minutes of cardio Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and 20 minutes of strength and 20 minutes of cardio on Tuesdays and Thursdays.)  And the way to keep track? Journal.  Apparently, one of the best things you can do is to write down everything that goes in the mouth (even four sneaked fries) because then, when you see it in black and white, it makes everything clear (that is one weird colour analogy).  It's also a huge kick to your self-esteem, I'm thinking but I've learned to take things with a grain of salt.  It's gonna be hard, I know, but in a weird way, I'm looking forward to the challenge.  I should note as well, that water plays a huge part in a diet...it helps shed built up water weight, gives you needed hydration, etc, keeps you feeling full and gives you a boost.  So, my goal is to be drinking 10 cups a day (that being half my body weight in ounces).
Also, on a side note; Dave and I are Christmas paupers, so that adds two elements to being fabulous.  Firstly, it makes it darn hard to spend money on junk food or eating out (which is great) but secondly, it also makes it hard to spend money on anything else so our challenge isn't just being fabulous, but doing so on a very strict budget.  It could be fun.  Or depressing: like window-shopping.
So, here goes...I won't bore you with any details of food I'm eating, etc.  I'm just going to give you some stats and a picture (I shake my head at my own audacity) and call it a day.

Weight: 165 lbs
Bust: 41 "
Waist: 39"
Hips: 38"


Okay, I promise, no new diet info until January, 2012.

2 comments:

jannafaye said...

i laughed at the color analogy. you go girl! :D love ya.

Dave said...

I'm sure you'll have no problem in your quest my dear