Thursday, December 15, 2011

Let The Countdown Begin!

Alright all....eight more days until Santa comes down the chimney! Or something like that....And it's my Christmas countdown.  All of my Christmas festivities start tomorrow with Christmas baking and wrapping, reading Christmas books, crafts and church activities.  
I have chosen Friday, the sixteenth as baking day for 'Lemon Stars' and is also the night I go out with the girls to see the Mennonite Christmas Concert.  I'm very excited!  
On a side note....21 days to start a healthy lifestyle is definitely doable...but not this close to the holidays! I've already had brunches, Christmas parties and a birthday party! The best I can do until January is keep off the pounds! But, I'm not going to let it bother me...I'm going to enjoy the season! 

Lemon Stars

1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugasr
1 1/2 tsp lemon extract
1/2 cp sour cream
1 tsp lemon peel
2 3/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
Frosting:
1 1/2 cups icing sugar
6 tbsp butter
3/4 tsp lemon extract
3 drops yellow food colouring
3 to 4 tbsp milk

In large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.  Beat in egg and extract.  Stir in sour cream and lemon peel.  Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.  Chill for three hours.  Remove a portion of dough from fridge, roll out to 1/4 inch thickness.  Place 1" apart on cookie sheet.  Bake at 375 for 6-8 minutes until edges are lightly browned.  Mix icing and spread on cooled cookies.

No comments: