Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Thanksgiving is on its way!

For those of you who know me, I love Thanksgiving (most holidays, really, but I love this day for sure)!  And, as most of you also know, I love celebrating to the most, so for the next thirteen days, we'll be doing a fall/Thanksgiving activity to mark the passage until turkey!  Today, we made pumpkin scented play doh!

Pumpkin Play Doh

1 cup flour
1/2 cup salt
1/2 tbsp cream of tartar
1 tbsp oil
1 tbsp pumpkin spice
Food coloring of choice
 
Mix all ingredients together in a pot, except for food coloring and spice.  Stir over medium heat until it starts to thicken and form a ball.  Then, remove from heat, and knead in spice and food coloring (we chose to make orange, of course-2 drops red, 18 drops yellow!).  Knead until soft and pliable and enjoy!
 Yes, I know, the little one is stirring at the stove.  He's actually very attentive to anything hot and keeps a respective distance, lol! Notice how far away he's holding the spoon.
Okay, I couldn't get this picture to rotate but it was just too freaking adorable!

 Dave's face...need I say more?

No comments: