Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Catching Up

Alright, I've finally made it through a few more of my CDs: Bach's 'Brandenburg Concertos', 'Violin Concertos', 'Goldburg Variations' and 'Organ Masterpieces'. They're all fantastic and oh so familiar...he truely is a genious. The Cold Mountain Soundtrack-even if you don't like the movie, the soundtrack is a must...so good! The Killers 'Hot Fuss'-wow, it's like listening to the radio in 2003! It's not great but it brings back good memories! Collective Soul 'Greatest Hits', 'Youth' and 'Afterwards'-what can I say, they are one of my fave bands...the make me happy. The Raconteurs 'Broken Boy Soldiers'...it's good but probably couldn't listen to it over and over again. Satin Doll (a collection of instrumental big band era songs) is one of my favourites. I think of the Andrew's Sisters and smile!

Also, took a break from reading 'Perfume' to read Belva Plain's 'Homecoming'...I was disappointed! All of her stuff is so good but this is a donation book for sure.

3 comments:

Brynne said...

Perfume, as in Story of a Murderer?

How are you liking it so far?

Also, the movie they made of it was surprisingly good.

janna said...

brynne is that the one with the people scents?? and eating of people??

Jadis said...

I'm liking it! I actually saw the movie first and loved it....yes Jan, it's the one with people scents but as far as I know there's no cannabalism until the end and they consume him with passion. ;)