Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Okay, single tips number two, three, and four....

Firstly, know your tools! I'm lucky to know a little bit but I'm learning, too! The other day, I did two things around the house, I bracketed the book case to the wall and reattached the flush chain in the toilet.  The bracketing was pretty easy but I did learn that in drywall, you want to make sure that you don't try and pin it right against the wall, work with the space it's comfortable with.  Anyways, the thing is, you should take charge and when something breaks around the house, pick up your tools and try fixing it yourself, or at least watch and learn! You may need it.

Secondly, I know that this is said all the time, but don't sweat the small stuff.  Especially with kids.  Days don't always turn out how you plan with little ones and sometimes, you have to not care.

And thirdly, don't be afraid to ask around for prices, deals, etc and don't be afraid to haggle or look for ways to make payments.  I've been dealing a lot with getting my car fixed and house renos and financial stuff and I've been making calls and asking and admitting to being a single mom and needing help and believe me, it's worth it! My life has been made much more simple, by this rule!

No comments: